Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Incorporating western veges into indian food

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hi Mamta and all,

Do you, or anyone else know how we can incorporate vegetables like Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Mange Tout, Sugar snap peas, Asparagus, Kale etc. into Indian food? I tend to find they don't lend well to spices, or break up too easily etc. And boiling steaming tastes too bland.

Thank you all

Mamta, on 16/6/2016 01:37pm

Broccoli can be cooked like cauliflower, for any dish that you would make with cauliflower.

Brussel Sprouts can be made into various bhaji/spicy stir-fry type of dishes. Also nice shredded and added to Mung dal.

Mange Tout is no different to how our mothers used to cook tender pea pod shells, making a bhaji stir-fry.

I have never had much luck with Kale. I love all leafy vegetables, except thsi one!

Asparagus is good for a quick, spicy stir-fry.

Over cooking is not good for any of these vegetables, they should retain some crispness.

If you type the vegetable name in this sites search window, you will get a few ideas.

Mamta

fshakoor, on 17/6/2016 04:12pm

Thanks Mamta!

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com