Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - 'chicken and egg' curry

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

yes, chicken and egg in the same curry.

Fried of the usual suspects (onion, garlic and ginger, then added coconut powder (fine), some black pepper, dhania podi and freshly made garam masala. Fried this until the oil had soaked into the coconut, and ended with a dry mix. Heated until the cocnut turned a little brown. Added coconut milk and tomatoes and some haldi, and some fresh herbs. Then cooked for a while, and added half a red pepper. After cooking for about ten minutes, blended with a hand blender to a smoothish sauce. After about 20 mins, added cut up chicken pieces, and added to the pot on very low heat.

I then started on the rice, with whole green cardamom, a sliced onion and some oil. Added rice to the pan, and stirred to coat every grain. Added a little herb, and cold water to cover by 10mm. Brought to the boil, then added three eggs, turned down the heat, covered with aluminium foil and a plate, and place all this in a dry frying pan,to distribute the heat.

Will make some mint raita, and stir more fresh herbs into the rice, and add some lemon juice.

Mamta, on 4/4/2015 07:59pm

Sounds good to me, why not! Eggs are added to mince curry/keema sometimes, why not chicken curry?

AskCy, on 5/4/2015 12:59pm

I've had (from a takeaway) a mince (lamb) meat, chicken pieces and boiled egg curry before now :-)

Mamta, on 5/4/2015 05:29pm

Interesting combination, how was it Steve?

AskCy, on 6/4/2015 06:04am

It was great, a really good combination of flavours and textures :-)

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com