Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Recipe search

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1 2

Hello Mamta,

Just having problems opening up the recipe Search as it open up blank. Are others having problems? I am looking for an Indian Milk Toffee recipe.

Thanks and Happy Christmas to Mamta and her team an to other users of this site

June

Mamta, on 21/12/2014 09:52am

Hello JL

Merry Christmas to you and your family too :-)

No, I am not having any problems with the search facility on mamtaskitchen. When you say Indian milk toffee, do you mean Burfi, which is a condensed milk square and can have various flavours and additions. See here;

Burfi and Variations - A Quick Condensed Milk Version

Burfi and Variations - Traditional Recipe

JL, on 21/12/2014 12:29pm

Thanks Mamta,

I am using an iPad, so may be that is the problem, although I have not had problems before.

Yes, this is what I am looking for and I can open the link, but can ask another favour please?

I would like to make your cumin seed biscuits for Christmas as they are so unique and I think they would be lovely for afternoon tea on Christmas Day. Please would you post the link here.

Many thanks and cheers

June

Mamta, on 21/12/2014 01:20pm

Hello JL

I too sometimes have trouble doing tasks on my Nexus tablet and then have to go to desktop. I put it down to my lack of computer skills!

http://www.mamtaskitchen.com/recipe_display.php?id=13201">Cumin biscuits

Mamta, on 21/12/2014 01:21pm

For some reason, it is not coming up as link. I am probably missing a dot or something!!

You will have to copy and paste it!

JL, on 21/12/2014 02:34pm

Excellent. Many thanks again

Kavey, on 28/12/2014 01:11pm

The site is pretty old, so it may well be that the search doesn't display correctly on some of the newer technology. Will pass info to Pete.

SchueySue, on 24/1/2015 03:25pm

Hi mamta,

I too am having problems with the search facility. I can access all other links but not that one!

All the best

Sue

Mamta, on 24/1/2015 05:04pm

Sue, I just tried it, it worked for me. Which recipe are you looking for? May be I can help, if you email me on the contact link above.

Kavey, on 25/1/2015 12:55pm

It looks as though the search function does not work properly on an ipad.

So, in the short term, until we work out why and see if we can fix, would suggest using a different device when searching.

Kavey

Mamta, on 25/1/2015 03:51pm

That is interesting, because it works on my Nexus7 tablet.

Kavey, on 25/1/2015 11:35pm

Yes mum, I know you call all tablets "ipods" but in fact an ipad is a specific type of tablet, yours is a completely different type and there have been no reported problems with search using it.

Flissy, on 6/2/2015 06:46am

I wanted to look through all your recipes but search doesn't work. Can you give me the link to where they are please

Kavey, on 6/2/2015 08:34am

Fliss, when you say Search doesn't work, can you give more information. Most of the thousands of visitors every day use the function successfully, and we've only heard about it not functioning correctly for those trying to access via an ipad. What device/ browser are you using?

Mamta, on 6/2/2015 11:27am

:) ;) Kavita!

As it happens, I do know the difference between and ipad and ipod, and an ipad and other tablets, for example my Nexus.

Children!

Kavey, on 6/2/2015 05:56pm

*snort*

;-)

Flissy, on 6/2/2015 09:59pm

I only have ipad no computer.

Kavey, on 7/2/2015 09:09am

Flissy, I'm sorry but we're not likely to be able to resolve the ipad search issue in a short time frame. This is a free site, and as such as have to prioritise our paid work and projects. But it is on the To Do list to try and work out why ipads don't allow the search function to work.

You can access some of the recipes without search by going to the Home page and clicking on links to New Recipes and Top 20 Recipes.

If there is a specific recipe you want, you can ask here and someone may be able to do the search for you and share the links.

There's no big list of recipes without using search, we have many many hundreds now on the site, over 1500.

Sorry!

philip, on 2/3/2015 05:29pm

Hi Mamta. I too am having difficulty opening the search section. the recent recipes works but not search.

Ganders, on 3/3/2015 09:06am

Can you give us any more details? In what way does it "not work" - does the page appear, do you not get the results you expect (or any) when you press 'Go'?

Also, can you let us know what you're using to browse the site - are you another iPad user?

Page: 1 2

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com