Mamta's Kitchen

Forum Thread - Sharon Kimble

You may also reply to this thread.

Page: 1

Hello all

This is my first time here on the forum. I use this site regularly for learning to make Indian food and so far all my cooking with the recipes here has been pretty impressive. Under desserts, I saw this sweet; Gum Resin Burfi/Barfi Squares! I didn't know you could eat tree resins!! Has anyone else tried it? I have to try it one day soon, I am intrigued! Has anyone tried making any of the sweets here on the site? Which ones are easy to make and come out nice? I would love to have ago!

Sharon

AskCy, on 13/12/2005 11:13pm

Not tried this myself but as to eating tree resins, I've had plenty of maple syrup which is tree resin.

Steve

Sharon, on 14/12/2005 06:54am

Sorry about that blank!

I never thought of maple syrup as resin. Of course, it is the sap from maple tree, isn't it!

I am going to try this gum resin thing one day soon. It will have to wait till my next vivit to the Palistani shop.

Sharon

Aditi, on 17/12/2005 08:46pm

My mum makes it on Janamashtami (birthday of Krishna), it is lovely.

Aditi

Page: 1

You may reply to this thread.

Content copyright ©2001-2024 Mamta Gupta and F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Layout and design ©2001-2024 F² Limited. (All rights reserved. No copying without permission.)
Hosted on Mythic Beasts
All comments and queries to webmaster@mamtaskitchen.com